Saturday, November 03, 2012

In My Opinion

I will give you my opinion of products and treatments I have found helpful. I will also pass along suggestions from others. I will update often so check back also click here to read the ten steps to get your life back. Ten Steps

There are many items that can make Daily Living easier. From help Dressing to Bath & Body Aids. Little things can make a big difference to those in pain.

1. Sleeping-My first suggestion is a mattress I like the Temper-pedic the memory foam molds to your body and while being soft still gives you the support you need and the neck pillow is made of the same material and helps with headaches.
1. Free 13 week in home trial
2. Free Tempur-pedic neck pillow ($125 value)
3. Interest free financing
Just call 1-800-955-9259 and mention offer Code GP10C3 and Referral # 2229441

Also a
Memory Foam and Toppers is a less expensive alternative. Sleep Better Sleep Wave


2. Back support sitting
-my suggestion for lower back and upper back support is the is the Obus high back rest for home,auto or office. It gives excellent support for the upper and lower back and supports the ribs and head and comes with a lumbar pillow that I have found can be used as pillow for the neck and head(for people with upper back problems). The back rest is available at the Relax the Back Store so depending on the severity of your back problem it will help support your back and make it easier to sit upright for longer periods.3. Mobility Scooters- I have found that a mobility scooter can really help when it comes to travel or interaction with family and friends. While I personally was very embarrassed to have to use a scooter (I still am) sometimes you have to just do it if it will help you get out and interact with your family. They can be rented for short periods if necessary.4. Botox injections-It is not just for wrinkles. Botox can be used to deaden the muscles in your back which can relieve some of the pain by relaxing the muscles that are causing pain or irritating the nerves. I have only had one treatment so I cannot tell you how well it works over time. Unfortunately after one treatment the rules changed and the Workers Compensation insurance now says there is no scientific study showing benefit even though it was helping. Out of luck whether it helps or not.5. Acupuncture-I have tried this and think it was helpful but I did not get much benefit the first time I tried it years ago. I tried it last year in conjunction with the Botox although for the same reasons as the Botox the Workers Compensation insurance changed the rules and now I am out of luck even though it helps.6. Braces & Supports-I have a brace for the upper back but it does not fit correctly but if you can get one that fits and supports to keep your back immobilized then you will be able to do more. Note-you would not want to wear the brace to much because you have to work your muscles or they will atrophy.